15 Powerful Tips for Marketing Your Book
If you are planing to write a book and have that book published you need to think about ways of marketing it early. I have seen many authors leave it far too late to think about marketing their book and because of this they lose valuable time and with it opportunities for promotion and media exposure.
These tips serve as suggestions as to the different ways that you may choose to market your book. Apply just a few of these techniques and watch your book sales soar.
1. Pre-sell your book. The best way to market your book is to market it before it has been printed or as soon as it comes out.
2. Explore publicity opportunities and media exposure.
3. Market via the Internet. Build a solid database and let them all know about your new book.
4. Mail out postcards featuring your book to everyone you know and ask your friends and family to do the same.
5. Ask associations and organisations to include a flyer with their mail-outs.
6. Give away as many bookmarks as possible. View them as a business card.
7. Sell boxes of books at a discounted price to companies, organisations and associations that may be linked with your book's topic.
8. Reverse shoplifting – Go into bookstores and if your book is not there add it to the shelf. Eventually someone will buy it and when they take it to the counter and the book is not on file, the shop will order some in.
9. Organise a live book launch.
10. Hold mini-seminars in targeted locations and sign books.
11. Donate a portion of your profits to a charity organisation.
12. Deliver presentations as a guest speaker at other peoples' seminars.
13. Offer your books to networking groups or professional speakers.
14. Include your book on your business cards.
15. Create mini versions of your book to entice readers to buy the full version.
The key to successful book marketing is to use your imagination and to identify your market and where they are located. Once you have defined this, you should then start developing a marketing plan and continue to refine it as you go.
Dale Beaumont is the author of this article. He is an internationally renowned book publishing expert, the author of 16 best-selling books and the creator of the Get Published Secrets Program.
To discover how the Get Published Secrets Program can help YOU become a best selling author in record time, click on the link below now:
Have you claimed your FREE 68 Minute Audio and 43–page Publishing Guide (valued at $147)?
If not complete the form below now and your FREE gift will be sent to you immediately.