How To Discover What Readers Want
There is no point writing or publishing a book if no one is going to read it. Before you even think about typing at the key board or you need to do some research and develop an insight for what the market wants.
Here are some points for doing exactly that:
• Send an email to your database and ask them. You can do this three different ways:  ask them a question  choose a topic and ask them what they want to learn about it or  ask them what problems they are currently experiencing.
• Survey association members. For example, if you are writing a book about cycling, then contact the cycling association in your capital city and ask them to send out a survey to their members. In exchange for their help, you can acknowledge the association in your book.
• Search generic books about your topic that have already been printed. For example, 'Dummies' Books or 'Idiot's Guides' have an in depth contents page that lists a variety of topics. You can use this as a guide to determine what material has been covered and what areas need to be focussed on more.
• Read magazine articles that can only briefly comment on a particular topic. These topics will often be of interest to the public and can prompt ideas for books.
• Specific forums and chat rooms often have people seeking information. For example, if you entered a camera forum, you may find people asking advice for buying the right camera or how to get the right lighting and so forth. These questions will help you understand what information people want to know and what information would serve as valuable content.
These are merely some of points you should consider when researching a market. However, the key is to use your imagination and to test and measure different approaches to understanding what the market wants. So identify your market, know where they are located, then work-out a course of action that will reveal what they want.
Dale Beaumont is the author of this article. He is an internationally renowned book publishing expert, the author of 16 best-selling books and the creator of the Get Published Secrets Program.
To discover how the Get Published Secrets Program can help YOU become a best selling author in record time, click on the link below now:
Have you claimed your FREE 68 Minute Audio and 43–page Publishing Guide (valued at $147)?
If not complete the form below now and your FREE gift will be sent to you immediately.